Mrs. Morano's 3rd Grade
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year. I hope you have enjoyed your summer! My name is Maggie Morano and this is my 18th year teaching at Cochran Academy. I am very excited about working with you and serving as your child’s third grade teacher. Here at Cochran, I am responsible for ensuring that students reach educational benchmarks in all subjects. I realize that we have a lot of catching up to do after over a year of remote learning. I would like to share with you some of the expectations I have of your child. In order for your child to be successful, it will take a joint effort on the part of the teacher, student, and parent. It is my hope that we will be able to work together for the benefit of “our” student. Please take a moment and review the attached form with your third grader. Afterwards, sign it and return it to school by Friday, September 10, 2021.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information. If you haven’t already connected to our class on Class Dojo please keep an eye out for an invitation. This is a great way to stay in touch and will be what I will use most often for updates and messages. I look forward to seeing you as much as your schedule will allow. If you have any questions or concerns you can also reach me at via email or phone 973.395.5975.
Welcome and let’s have a fantastic year!
Your child will be responsible for the following information. Please do your part by encouraging them to be at their best each and every day. Thank you.
1. I will be respectful to all of my teachers and classmates.
2. I will keep my hands, feet, and all other objects to myself.
3. I will get into active listening position when the teacher or other students are speaking.
4. I will complete all class work, tests, and homework to the best of my ability.
5. I will not chew gum or eat any food of any kind without the teacher’s permission (water is allowed).
6. I will walk quietly through the hallways.
Consequences for not following the rules:
1. Verbal Warning
2. Verbal Warning/Loss of Activity
3. Parent phone call/Loss of Activity
4. Parent phone call/Loss of activity/Parent Conference
Your child will have some form of homework every night, including Friday. Please make sure your child completes all assignments on time and that all work is neat and legible. Homework does count as part of a grade and if it is late the grade will be lowered.
All supplies are due in school no later than Monday, September 13th. See attached supply list.
Please make sure your child attends school as much as possible and they are on time. Students need to be at school no later than 8:20am.
Tests/quizzes, class work, projects, participation, and homework will be averaged together to arrive at a grade for your child.